“The Shirt” and it’s perks

Featured is the 2019 edition of “The Shirt”, created by an East Leyden Senior Oliwia Domaradzka.

A tradition four years in the running, Leyden introduced a t-shirt that offers free admission to all sporting events and plays.

“The Shirt”, is created by students each year. A contest ran by West Assistant Principal Mr. Sharos, allows students to submit their designs for the opportunity to be chosen as “The Shirt”. Students voted on the five finalists in April of last school year; the results are in and we have a winner for this year’s shirt.

“It was a different take on the shirt. I think not featuring the Eagle gives in a retro feel. I like it, it looks nice”, a West Leyden Senior’s opinion on the shirt.
Priced at only $12, not only is it affordable it also allows students to attend more in-school events. Speaking with Mr. Murphy, assistant athletic director, he described that “you can’t get a much better deal”, and encouraged all students to invest into “what is basically Leyden season tickets”.

Available for purchase during lunch periods this year’s edition of “The Shirt” is looking to bring more students in attendance to all Leyden events. Beginning with this Friday’s football game, anyone in attendance wearing the shirt will receive free admission.