High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, A Modern Twist on the Childhood Classic

Remember that one movie that made you realize you wanted to go to High School so you can dance and break out into song? Well, Disney + is coming up with a series of High School Musical.

High School Musical: The Musical The Series is a 10 episode series on Disney + directed by Tim Federle, based on the High School Musical films. The first episode aired on November 8, 2019, taking place in Salt Lake City, Utah at East High. It’s about the drama club and their faculty advisor preparing themselves for an opening night of “High School Musical”.

This show is way different from the movies because it’s very modern and relatable to high school students. Anyone watching will be able to see sections of troubles at home, homosexuality, and many things that high schoolers have experienced.

What’s different about this show is that you can get to know every single character individually and know what they’re each going through. It’s not just based on two characters like any other show.

Another nice thing is that this show uses iconic songs like, “We’re All In This Together or “The Status Quo”. But, not only did they use the songs from the original movie, they also had a soundtrack of their own songs, with some being written by the actors and actresses, such as, “Just A Moment” and “All I Want”, both written by Joshua Basset and Olivia Rodrigo who play Ricky and Nini.

The series is nothing like the actual movie so you get to see something different and experience something new. While watching this series it helps bring back old memories and brings you back to your childhood days. So get “cha head in the game” and check out High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.